Friday, April 18, 2008

The Wilk

This morning I woke up really early to study before my final at 7:00. After studying at home for a while I decided to go up to campus for a change of venue.

I went to the Wilk since I knew the library would be closed. When I approached the door I noticed a sign in the inside of the door that was unreadable because the metal door frames were blocking it.

I figured it said that the building was closed but since the lights were on I gave the door a push and to my surprise it opened, knocking off the sign, as it was resting on the door handle.

The sign did say that the building was closed, but I figured that they just didn't take the sign down yet, because obviously the building was open. I went in, sat down on a couch and studied for almost an hour when I heard, "How did you get in? The building's closed."

I felt like saying something like, "Oh I just climbed in through the roof," or "I used a glass cutter," but this guy didn't look like he would appreciate that kind of response.

Without trying to be smart I said, "Through those doors." He went over to them, saw they were open, and said he was surprised an alarm didn't sound. He didn't look to happy with me but didn't kick me out since the building was going to open in 5 minutes anyway.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

yet another example of power-hungry BYU employees. the best example is the intramural refs.

Amanda said...

jon stop breaking into places. honestly.