Thursday, July 10, 2008

Zipper Noise

It's always hard to open up your scriptures when everything is quiet during a lesson or a talk or something because there is that loud zipper noise. You have to make that key decision: do you try and do it quick enough that it's not distracting to everyone, or do you try to do it slowly so it doesn't make very much noise?

Mostly I go slowly and try to muffle the noise by putting my finger on the zipper as I go, but my new scripture case doesn't muffle well...

It's also awkward when you are trying to have a whisper conversation with someone in a quiet area, like the library or in a class, when they don't really know how to whisper.

Some people are just whisper shouters...

5 comments:

Carter said...

The only way I do it is quick and loud, like a band-aid. Chances are, even if you do it slow, people will hear. So doing it fast will just get it over sooner. Or you can cough while you do it. But don't cough and go slow, that would attract to much attention, and be more annoying.

Liz said...

there are WAY more distracting things in church meetings, like PDA--you know, like rubbing people's backs and whatever else...

jonhintze said...

nice liz

Laura Lil said...

You're not talking about anyone in particular that you've been with in the library lately, are you?... And yes, I'm reading your blog all by myself!

Nana/Mom said...

I don't even notice the noise of others because I'm just trying to kep all the grandchildren quiet. Sorry Liz, Matt asked me to rub his back every Sunday and if anyone else sat by me he made them move over, esecially when he came down from blessing the sacrament. I imagine that Sunday's have been different for him with no Mom to draw pictures on his back.