Thursday, July 31, 2008

Antisocial?

Sometimes when I see people I know in random places where I didn't expect to see them, I don't feel like talking to them so I avoid them.

It's worse if I can't remember their name. In that case I duck, turn, or do whatever I have to do to avoid coming into their line of sight. If I know their name then I might go up to them and say hi, or I might just start walking in the other direction even though that's not where I want to go...just depends on my mood. (None of this applies to people I know really well, just people that I kind of know, like that used to be in my ward or something but I never really got to know them).

I don't think I'm agoraphobic or anything, nor do I think I'm antisocial. It's just so awkward sometimes, and I avoid awkwardness.

I also think it's awkward after a temple sealing when everyone hugs the bride and groom (or kisses in Jared Meier's case) on their way out. I don't think most people think this is awkward, I just...I don't know, but it is.

Actually, I just looked up antisocial on the source of all knowledge (wikipedia) and decided that I am not antisocial, but it looks like I may have albuminurophobia, anglophobia, and arachibutyrophobia.

2 comments:

Jen R. said...

I think Miles did a blog about how people misuse the word antisocial. No offense, but I think you definitly did. (like how I tied in the "no offense")?

Il Bello said...

I bet jared's wedding was fun...and interesting. Did Hasselhoff come?