Sunday, July 6, 2008

Forwards

I always wonder about these forwarded mass emails. What do I wonder?...I wonder why?

Why am I supposed to forward it to everyone I know within five minutes?
Why will it bring me good luck if I do?
Why should I believe that it worked for someone else when I don't even know them or how lucky they are?
Why should I believe any of the ridiculous stats they throw at me, like "this email has already made it around the world ten times?" What does that even mean?
What disaster could possibly befall me should I delete the email before forwarding it?

Really though, is someone trying to break a world record with these seemingly pointless forward emails, or what? I wonder...

To quote Michael Scott, "I'm not super stitious...but I am a little stitious."

3 comments:

Rob said...

Yeah I agree. I honestly could care less about being in the guinness book of world records so those are quickly tossed aside by me

Jen R. said...

ha ha I always delete them...but right as I'm about to do it, a small shudder always runs through my body... dun dun dun.

Amanda Wilson said...

I agree. I love that quote from Michael Scott. It is one of my favorites.