Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sprinklers

Why are there so many sprinklers that water the sidewalk? Seriously, every time I go running someone has a sprinkler on that is watering the sidewalk.

I mean, when I'm running I don't even care, cause it feels good, but is it really that difficult to just water your lawn?

I'm not necessarily talking about the sprinklers that attach on the end of a hose, because I guess sometimes those are harder to adjust and what not, but if you have a system installed in your house, wouldn't they be able to make it just water the grass when they install it?

Even parks (and BYU) have water running down the street and into the sewer because they miss the lawn.

Obviously it's not a really big problem, but a peculiar one because it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix.

Maybe that is the problem right there...it's so simple that nobody will bring themselves to fix it, kind of like how I keep avoiding organizing this pile of stuff that has accumulated next to my bed. It wouldn't take long, but, I dunno...you know?

5 comments:

Leandra said...

Yes, I know.It's like our closet on our balcony that needs to be fixed...

Liz said...

please do not encourage them to fix this. This is my very favorite thing when I run!

Rebekah said...

you know what else is too simple to fix? turning off the lights at night.

Leandra said...

I have news for you. On my way to class this morning, I saw someone trying to fix the sprinkler problem by the Mackay Building

jonhintze said...

ode to joy