Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Unicyclists

You know you're in Provo if...you see people riding their unicycle to school.

Yes, not one, not two, but several people ride a unicycle to school. I am not here to make fun of these people. In fact, I applaud their ability to do so because I'm sure it's not easy. But therein lies my concern; it's not easy. It looks like it takes more energy than walking.

So why do it? Are they showing off? We can only hope they're not trying to look cool. Are they trying to get a leg workout? And most importantly, why stop there? Why not hop a pogo-stick to school? or swing a hula hoop? The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

Il Bello said...

my mom made me go to school on a pogo stick...it was always a problem cause everything fell out of the basket.

miles said...

I am convinced that they actually think they are showing off. I always wanted to throw a stick in their spokes.

aubrey. said...

I am in love with this post.

Melissa said...

So I needed a break from reading and thought I'd check out your blog...so funny. I actually saw a little kid (probably a second or third grader) riding a unicycle to school this week! They're starting them young now. I think it's a punishment. "Oh yeah, Billy? You didn't clean your room? It's the unicycle for you!" P.S. I finished Breaking Dawn last night and surprisingly for me (because you know I like happy endings) I didn't like the ending at all.