Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stepping Stones

These are the stepping stones at Santa Barbara Villa.

They are a perfect length from each other...if you are four years old. For us adults who live here, however, it makes for an awkward walk from your apartment to your car. You end up either taking babysteps the whole way, giant leaps to skip every other one, or you end up walking on the grass next to the steps (what I normally do), completely defeating the purpose of having them there.



It's kind of like when you are walking down steps that are really long (as in the photo on the left), and you end up taking one step on one, and then two steps on the next, and you end up looking like you have a peg leg. So, yeah...

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

life is rough, i know.

Amanda Wilson said...

I remember those stones. They weren't too awkward for me since I am so short but I understand how they could be.

Jon said...

Those were the most annoying steps ever created. I think whoever put them in was cracking up because he knew how much trouble they would cause.