Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crowd Weaving

crowd weave \kraʊdˈwēv\
verb
past crowd wove \ˈwōv\ or weaved; weav·ing

a game played in crowded areas where participants attempt to direct (as the body) in a winding or zigzag course especially to avoid obstacles and collisions.


Yes, based on recent trends, we may see crowd weaving in the 2012 olympics. And if so, you may very well be reading the blog of a future olympian. I am pretty good at crowd weaving. I've been doing it since high school, where I learned from the great Zach VanHecke. The trick to crowd weaving is anticipating openings before they happen. You have to quickly estimate where holes will form based on how fast each person is walking and which direction they are going. Needless to say, when a crowd forms I am the first one out the other end.

If football were played at walking speed, I would be a professional running back.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

i actually think i'm pretty good at this too

Amanda Wilson said...

Wow. I never knew this about you. Yet another talent that you have.

Il Bello said...

I'm the worst. Absolutely the worst. I always let people go in front of me and then I stand and wait there forever. I'm learning this about me here in Florence where there are TONS of crowds.

Liz said...

I figured out I'm skilled in this area as I was leaving the regional conference on sunday. I beat the people I was with by like 10 minutes and I wasn't even trying!

Leandra said...

Jon, I think you are hilarious. Come visit!

Jen R. said...

Jon you always make me laugh so hard. And I've thought I'm pretty good at this too!