Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So-Cal 4-life!

Before I begin, I would like to say that I think southern California is a beautiful place, and I know lots of cool people from there.

Ok, how do you know when someone is from northern California? Because when they introduce themselves, they will say "I'm from California." If they were from southern California, they would have said, "I'm from southern California."

Maybe we should all start specifying which part of the state we're from.
"I'm from E-Mo."
"Where?"
"You know, Eastern Missouri."

Or how about people who say they're from the OC. They abbreviate the county they're from...and add 'the' in front of it for some reason. I guess I could do that too.

"Where specifically in Missouri are you from?"
"The WC."
"What is that, like, water closet?"
"No, West County of course."

Give it some time, it will catch on.

8 comments:

Jen R. said...

So Cal baby! San diego born and raised!

Amanda Wilson said...

I am not sure we should say we are from e mo because people might think we are from east st. louis and I am not sure we want people thinking that...

Rebekah said...

W-MO. You can't put W in front of anything and expect it to sound good

Carter said...

I just say I'm from the Loo'. We have Nelly to thank for that.

Unknown said...

Dude, I'm from the real O.C. Orange County NEW YORK! Where american/orange county choppers is filmed, sorry all you CA people its not filmed in cali. and all you have to say when people ask where your from and they say where is that, just say thats where jon hinzte is from, and theyll all go ohh as if they have reached an epyphany...

Rob said...

I agree. There are both good people and schweeds from everywhere. I think southern California has a higher percentage of schweeds than most places but there are some real gems from there too.

Rob said...

oh and where a person is from tells you little to nothing about them. It's really more a factor of what their family is like, what kind of friends they had, and what kind of decisions they made growing up and make now

Jon said...

Hi I'm from the WC...What, you've never heard of that?...You know, right next to the Loo.

I think you can see where I'm going with this.