Monday, June 30, 2008

Old Timers

There are many things I'm grateful for. Most of them are obvious, but some of them you might not guess. Like I'm grateful that spelling was not a school subject after third grade. I'm also grateful I wasn't born in the future. Based on most futuristic movies things are not going to be as good as you might think. I'm also grateful that I'm old enough to remember when Vanilla Ice was cool, but young enough at the time that I never actually tried to be like him...

It's funny to think about the things I used to think we were all saying, and then when I got older I finally realized we were saying something else. Like "old timer's disease" (Alzheimer's) or that we are "human beans." Actually, I think that last one was what Rob used to think...

1 comment:

Rob said...

yeah you're right Jon. I did think that