Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dreams

I almost always wake up remembering dreams. Even when I take naps or fall asleep in class, I normally remember some weird dream I was having. My dreams are just that though: weird. Occasionally they are really sad or disturbing. I have died many many times in my dreams, and on occasion somebody else dies, but mostly its me, and I spend the rest of the dream as a spirit.

You know how you dream that you're falling and then you wake up right before you hit the ground? I just hit the ground and then float around as a ghost the rest of the dream. I have accidentally driven a bus off a cliff (Carter was in it with me, and I apologized for my reckless driving as we were falling), been shot in the head (this one was actually kind of cool because I could feel the hot blood run down the side of my face before I actually died), and been wiped out by an atomic bomb (I could see the mushroom cloud and the wall of fire headed my way and I knew that it was useless to run so I just stood there and took it) just to name a few ways. I've even tried to find the spirit world in a dream before, because I knew that was where I was supposed to go next.

Does all of this mean that I am destined to face death someday?...I can't really say...but yes.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

you're watching too much of the office. i caught this one

Rob said...

if it's of any comfort, nearly all of my dreams are extremely weird and meaningless. Like the other day I had a dream I was swimming in the ocean and a polar bear was trying to eat me. What the heck?

Nana/Mom said...

I hate to break the news Jonathan, but we are all destined to die. Yours just sound more exciting. I have never died in a dream but I did have a dream once that one the children did and it affected me for months.

Carter said...

I remember that dream Jon. I was mad at you at first for driving off that cliff, but then I got over it.

Leandra said...

Maybe I shouldn't let you drive a car with Carter when there are cliffs around...