Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Couch

If my wife ever threatened me with," then you're sleeping on the couch," I would not feel threatened. I sleep on the couch all the time. If it is a good couch and it's long enough, I sleep just as well if not better on a couch. Plus, couches are often placed in front of the tv, so you have something to fall asleep to.

Maybe I would pretend to feel threatened so I could do whatever I was going to do, sleep on the couch and be fine with it, and then she could keep using that threat and I wouldn't care.

Actually, I wouldn't want to be married to someone who makes threats like that to me. I mean, it's like the girls who never want to hang out with me. I wouldn't want to marry them anyway. Can you imagine being married to someone who never returns your calls and only wants to hang out with other people?...me neither.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

i just want you to know i laughed when i read this:)

miles said...

I have always wondered how this threat works. (For the record, my wife has never made the threat.) I'm going to sleep in my bed. If she's too mad to sleep with me, then she can sleep wherever she wants. I'll probably find out how this threat works if she reads this, though.

Rob said...

good point Jon. Couches are great or can be at least

Nana/Mom said...

I can't imagine anyone not wanting to hang out with you Jon. You are simply the best!

Jen R. said...

ha ha I totally laughed out loud for this one. I told Jared he had to sleep on the couch one time...and he didn't care and went and slept on the couch...so it backfired. I ended up going and laying on the couch with him and begging him to come back to bed.