Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Changes

It's always awkward when you notice something new about someone you know, but can't really compliment them on it because it wouldn't be a compliment. For example, when you suddenly see an acquaintance with a bad haircut, or new funny-looking glasses, or singed eye brows or something, you just go on like you didn't notice.

It gets awkward, though, when in the middle of the conversation they mention it and you have to act like you didn't really notice before. It's like, "hey, I accidentally singed off my eye brows," and you reply with "Oh really? I didn't even notice," when really you're thinking, "yeah, uh, I'm not blind."

2 comments:

Adam Wilson said...

Never make the mistake of telling someone who just got a hideous haircut that you like it... if they value your opinion, your eyes could be in a world of trouble.

Amanda Wilson said...

You are so hilarious!!! I laughed out loud on that one. I love looking at your blog because I know I am always going to get to laugh.