Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lost and Found

Have you seen me? My name is Jon's cell phone.

This is all that is left of my phone...a picture of it, that isn't actually it, but one that looks just like it but newer that I found on the web.

If I were my cell phone, where would I be? I don't really know, because I've never been a cell phone before.

I do tend to lose things more than other people. I have lost lots of things out here at BYU; tons and tons of pens and pencils, my TI-83, my camera, a sweet highlighter that had a pen on it too, a pair of converse all-stars, my basketball shoes, a pair of jeans, a BYU t-shirt, a black belt, a BYU hoodie, two beanies (in one winter), my keys (many times), my wallet (especially during vacation; i've had to use my passport at least twice that I can remember as ID to get on a plane), my phone, my car (twice, for a while I thought it was stolen), a flash drive (got it back in the BYU lost and found), and my watch (got it back twice in the lost and found) to name a few.

I guess I'm scatterbrained. A lot of the time my hands just pick stuff up and put them places as I pace around (another habit of mine). My mind isn't even conscious of it.

I'm surprised I've never accidentally stolen something while shopping.

11 comments:

Rob said...

dude you had me laughing so hard reading that entry. thanks a lot. sorry about your phone. that sucks. I sent whoever has it a chuck norris joke. I forgot it was lost.

aubrey. said...

I've had 14 retainers in my lifetime if that makes you feel any better? :/

sorry.. thats no fun.

Kevin said...

That explains why you never answer my text about playing basketball last night. We missed you. Next week?

Jonathan Wilson said...

That's funny, and if I am not mistaken I think someone in your family did accidentally steal something from a store while shopping. (I'm pretty sure they weren't even shopping for the item they accidentally stole)

Rebekah said...

remember when you called me to ask where you left your car? that was great:)

Liz said...

ok, the car thing really was funny, and one of the passport times your wallet was actually in your luggage, so i'm not sure that counts. But, wow. That's a lot of lost stuff.

Jen R. said...

I lost my keys in the snow outside helaman halls freshman year. But I found them when the snow melted! I also had tons of movies "misplaced" at king henry as well as clothing etc.

Chris said...

no worries. I just sent your phone a text ask where it was, and telling it to go find you. It's only a matter of time now before you find it...

Nana/Mom said...

Wow! I'm glad you never told me about all those lost things. I still choose not to worry about you though because I think you will just grow out of it.

Carter said...

Haha. I remember the time you got a ride home from campus, even though you drove. Then you couldn't figure out where you parked your car at King Henry. Eventually I had to drive you back to campus to get your car. I think you even left it there overnight. . .

Il Bello said...

Been there...done that... Great minds think alike. If my head wasn't screwed on, I'd leave it on the school bus.