Monday, August 4, 2008

Bottled Water

After much contemplation, I still can't figure out why people keep buying bottled water.

You can buy a bottle of water for up to a dollar at some places, so a gallon would be three or four dollars...That as much as gas costs. Gas!

I know we all need water to survive, but nobody needs to spend a dollar on a bottle of water. "What? Do you think water is just falling from the sky?" Yes! Water is the most abundant resource on the planet. It is literally everywhere. Some places in the world have so much water they are flooding, and they are trying to get rid of the water.

I know what some of you are thinking. "But I buy my water in bulk at Costco so it's only 30 cents a bottle." Well I've got secret for you. It's free! Just turn on the tap...

7 comments:

Leandra said...

Have you ever had the tap water in San Diego? It is beyond disgusting.
(And I don't really think Utah's water is exactly that tasty either...)

Yet I do see your point about bottled water (although I do succumb to buying it...). That's why when Carter and I are rich and famous (ha-ha) we will have filtered water through the refrigerator. Best invention ever.

Jen R. said...

I use a brita filter...

Chris said...

most municipal water treatment facilities are held to higher standards than bottled water manufacturers, so besides any taste preferences, tap water is almost always better for you then bottled water (yes-even FIJI water!).

we use a brita filters whenever we can. When we went to Europe we brought Nalgene bottles and filled them up every day at breakfast and drank from those instead of buying bottled water during the day. Probably saved a ton.

Kevin said...

I LOVE tap water. It is so much better than bottled water. In some states, like NY, they even put in fluoride, which helps your teeth. I think that's why I've never had a cavity. So, what I'm trying to say is, one glass of tap water a day keeps the dentist away.

Rob said...

yeah tap water in most places is as good or better as bottled water from my experience. not so down here. but a good filter works wonders and makes it drinkable.

Amanda said...

My sole excuse for buying bottled water is my forgetfulness. It seems that my forward thinking abilities are slightly delayed in the morning & I forget that I'm probably going to be thirsty later in the day and should therefore fill up a nalgene bottle...

Jon said...

Water is LITERALLY literally everywhere. Like, literally.