Monday, December 8, 2008

Spelling Bee

I'm the first to admit it. I am not a good speller. It's just one of those things. English doesn't have any rhyme or reason to the way things are spelled, so how am I supposed to know how to spell things.

The i before e rule only works half the time, I don't even know why we teach that one. Sometimes it's f, sometimes is ph, x can sound like a z, c and k are the same. Its a joke. Silent es are all over the place.


The worst is when you ask someone how to spell something and they say to look it up. Uh, if I don't know how to spell it, how am I supposed to look it up?

3 comments:

Leandra said...

Just want you to know I have a list and the percentages of when they are right in a word.

Apparently only teachers get these special pieces of paper.

(Actually they teach teachers now NOT to teach the rules because they simply are confusing)

Regardless I'll give you a copy when we both are in St. Louie :)

Nana/Mom said...

I thought Dad bought everyone their own dictionary. He lives with one by his side. It's amazing. I think my favorite of yours is , "Why does it need two ll's or tow oo's. that't so redundant.

Unknown said...

jonny boy, I thik you should do a blog about how there are these "giveaways" and things like on the inside of candy bar wrappers and mcdonalds fried and part of the rules says "no purchase necessay" are we supposed to steal them? miss ya bro -Adam