Friday, January 30, 2009

Movie Ratings

When I am browsing through movies, I don't only like to see what they are rated, I like to see why they are rated what they are. You'd be surprised sometimes with what you find. Sure there's the usual "For violence, mild peril, and some innuendo," but every once in a while they have other reasons for the rating. Like:

Quirky situations - Charlie and The Chocolate Factory


Some double-entendres - Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Hat

Swashbuckling action - Shrek the Third


Intense depiction of very bad weather - Twister


Non-stop creature action violence - Van Helsing

Keep your eyes peeled, and I'm sure you'll find some good ones.

1 comment:

Jon said...

That is so funny--I love reading those, and I even remember reading that one about The Cat in the Hat. P.S. I got your announcement and it is sweet!