Sunday, November 23, 2008

Let Go

When you have a job, you can either quit, get fired, or be let go.

I recently learned about the difference between getting fired and being let go. Apparently being let go is the result of downsizing or related problems, where you didn't actually do a bad job, but they can't keep you.


I wonder if there is a word for a similar situation in dating relationships. I mean, you can break up with someone, be dumped or...what? What is the equivalent of being let go? You know, like when you are dating someone and they are doing a good job but you can't keep dating them because you are moving to China, or you ran out of money or something...I wonder.

2 comments:

thegreatestshowonearth said...

or you ran out of money...?! That is funny!

I think the other reasons, are just excuses. For example: I broke up with someone and told him it was because he was moving to China, but really it was because I stopped liking him. It was nicer to blame it on China & not him.

Il Bello said...

Here's this gift certificate to Chili's.... no hard feelings...