Sunday, October 26, 2008

Olive Skin

Rob and I were talking about it the other day, and we decided that nobody actually has "olive" skin. I mean, take Jennifer Lopez for example. Most people would say that she has "olive" skin, but it does not look olive colored to me. It looks more like light brown/skin colored.


To illustrate this point, take a look at this picture of Jennifer Lopez, and then look at these olive. Same color? No, not really.






This is her with olive skin. I think the only people who could claim olive skin are Cain and the Wicked Witch of the West.

8 comments:

Carter said...

Touche. The only connection I can think of is this: People that live on the Mediterranean have slightly darker skin. . . and there's a lot of olive-growing going on there. So maybe after a while people got sick of saying "That person has the same color skin as those people who live in the region where they grow olives", and started saying "That person has olive skin". Lazy Europeans.

Jen R. said...

Ok olive skin is skin that has a green base tone to it. And yes these people exist and yes they are usually tan. For example, I have a red tone to my tan/white skin. I always look a little pink. Some people look yellow, some brown. Probably not purple. Probably not blue. Probably not orange. But I think the other colors are game. My mother-in-law has olive skin. When you put her arm next to my babies REALLY white arm she looks greenish. I'm so glad I could be the authority on this one.

Jen R. said...

I meant baby's not babies.

Liz said...

The skin is the color of olive oil. I think.

Rebekah said...

i agree with jen. that said, this is a funny post.

marie said...

oh that's funny. no, funny isn't good enough. that's just absolutely hilarious!! ha ha! i had to show it to all the girls i work with during our boring meeting yesterday, and they all got a kick out of it. well done.

Ryan and Heather said...

Hilarious Jon! Love the pics of Jennifer Lopez!

Jon said...

Sorry for leaving this comment so late, but I just had to tell you that this post is an absolute hilarity.