Thursday, May 15, 2008

Clothes

Today I bought some new clothes. This is always an interesting experience. I hate shopping for clothes, yet I like getting new clothes...catch-22.

Probably what I dislike most is trying on clothes. It's funny though, because for some reason I always imagine that once I put the clothes on I will look just like the people in the pictures all over the store, having fun, looking good, probably with wet hair for some reason...but when I try them on, it's just me again, with new clothes.

5 comments:

Rob said...

I don't mind shopping for clothes when I have a goal in mind, like some sweet jeans or shoes. Shoes are def. my favorite, I don't even need to buy a pair, just checking them out is fun. But some stores don't do it for me. I walk into Marshalls sometimes and start yawning involuntarily. I swear they spray something!

GDG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan Wilson said...

I second the opinion of not liking to shop and for me it is also the trying on of the clothes that is not enjoyable. For some reason I really do not like that, especially pants. But for some reason I am very picky about my pants as well. Great post

Michael said...

Since this seems be the place for men to vent about shopping let say that I hate shopping too. I think it all goes back to when we were too young to shop for new clothes by ourselves and mother was always there. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom but mothers alway make you try stuff that you think looks ridiculous, make you try on more sizes then you care to, and worst of all she will undoubtedly do the pant jiggle to see if your new jeans fit or not. I hate the pant jiggle.