Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cereal

For most of the things I get at the grocery store I just pick the cheapest brand, unless it looks gross, but for cereal it is a much harder decision.

Am I feeling healthy or do I give in to the sweet tooth?
How much does it cost?
How big is the box?
Are there any prizes inside?
Is there a maze on the back?
These are all things I have to consider before making my decision.

Today I couldn't really decide so I got the Reeses cereal and Blueberry Morning. Between the two they fit all the criteria minus the prize inside.

3 comments:

Leandra said...

Jon, you are hilarious.

Me? I always go for the brand name. I don't want to risk spending 75 cents less and getting a disgusting cereal. That is not a way to start a morning with a bunch of 2nd graders.

But Carter? Marshmellow Matey's.

Rob said...

Yeah it's harder with cereal because there are so many choices. Taste is the main factor for me followed by nutrition then cost.

Rebekah said...

there's a solution to this problem. the solution is to always go for the brand name, but to only buy the brand name cereals that are on sale. that way you never get tired of the same cereal and you never pay too much and you never get a gross cereal. win win win. the exception is honey bunches of oats, which i think you should purchase whenever you want because they never get old.